Julia Stiles exclusively told Us Weekly some fun facts about herself — including her speciality dish, the language she can speak and the career she’d pursue if she wasn’t an actress. Here are 25 things to love about the 10 Things I Hate About You and Riviera star.
1. I don’t like having too much stuff, because I travel so much. But I do have a lot of hand-woven baskets to keep clutter in place.
2. I’m great at moving furniture. Every time I settle into a new place, even a hotel room, I move the furniture around, even if only to move it back. Maybe I have a knack for feng shui or interior decorating.
3. My son [Strummer, 20 months, with husband Preston J. Cook] is the most influential person in my life.
4. I have no regrets, only lessons.
5. The place I escape to when I need to clear my mind is a yoga studio or the beach.
6. I don’t have a guilty pleasure. Nothing pleasurable should make you feel guilty. (At least not until the next morning!)
7. My biggest splurge ever was a piano.
8. My first chaperoned concert was Duran Duran, and then Hole, unchaperoned.
9. My worst personality trait is maybe being too analytical.
10. The greatest piece of advice I was ever given was from my mom: “Seek happiness.”
11. I know how to say at least one sentence in Czech.
12. My celebrity crush as a teenager was John Cusack.
13. The hardest lesson I’ve had to learn is that the internet is forever.
14. My personal mantra is “Stay positive.” Doesn’t always work, but I try.
15. The last thing I do before I go to sleep is hope I get enough sleep.
16. I wish I had a remote control for time.
17. The biggest misconception about me is that I live in some sort of bubble.
18. If I weren’t an actress, I’d be a journalist or work in a vineyard.
19. My specialty dish is chicken Marbella, easy. Prep it the night before so it can marinate, then hang with your guests while it bakes.
20. I relax on my day off by sleeping late, exercising, spending time with family and cooking with friends.
21. My favorite book of all time is The Goldfinch [by Donna Tartt].
22. I met Phoebe Waller-Bridge at the Baftas, and gushed to her about how much I loved her [shows], but I maybe had a glass too many and winked goodbye like a creep. I was so horrified, I said I had a twitch.
23. My first job was an off-off-Broadway play. I had three lines and got paid $100.
24. My secret obsession is watching concert and vintage music videos on YouTube.
25. I’ve never owned a car — city life! — and I may make that a life goal.
New season 2 episodes of Riviera are available to stream Thursdays on Sundance Now.
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!
Celebrity news bought to you in partnership with Celebrity Style Site and Celebrity Online PR .
Browse the latest celebrity trends